GDPR AND DATA PROTECTION
Employment Law Publications is a trading name of Duggan Press Limited
The 21stCentury brings with it broader use of technology, new definitions of what constitutes personal data, and a vast increase in cross-border processing. The new Regulation aims to standardise data protection laws and processing across the EU; affording individuals stronger, more consistent rights to access and control their personal information.
Duggan Press Limited is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We recognise our obligations in meeting the demands of the GDPR and the DPA 2018.
Duggan Press Limited is dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new Regulation. Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance have been summarised in this statement and include the development and implementation of data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance as necessary.
THE GDPR AND COMPLIANCE
2. When you fill in the form to buy a book or you choose to register we have access to your name, email address and your delivery address.
3. We retain your email address to send you updates and news of further editions of the book or other books.
4. We retain your address so that we can post you any further books or material, including awareness of new books or further editions.
5. You cannot be sold a book unless you have provided your name, address and email address and agree that we may provide your delivery address to our printers/distributors.
6. You can ask for this to be deleted at any time.
We will keep your information private and it will not be used for any other purposes than as set out above
Data Subject Rights
When you purchase a book or register the following will apply:
· What personal data we hold about them. The data is your name, email address and delivery address.
· The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed. Duggan Press Limited and our printers/distributors.
· How long we intend to store your personal data for. As long as the books are published.
· You may request erasure of personal data at any time or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
· You have a right to lodge a complaint or seek a judicial remedy and you should contact the DPO in the first instance.
GDPR Roles and Employees
Duggan Press Limited has designated Michael Duggan QC as our Data Protection Officer (to develop and implement our roadmap for complying with the GDPR).
If you have any questions about our preparation for the GDPR, please contact Michael Duggan QC at firstname.lastname@example.org.